Deceased Estate Policy
The Deceased Estates Policy outlines the steps and procedures that EightCap takes for the release of funds after the death of a trading account holder.
In the event of a death of a trading account holder, please notify EightCap as soon as possible. You can inform us via phone, mail or email (see details below). As soon as we are notified, we will freeze any sole accounts the client has with us – joint accounts will continue to operate as normal.
Give us a call at
+61 (3) 8373 4800
Send us a post to
L 19, 180 Lonsdale St, Melbourne, VIC 3000
In order to release funds from the trading account, we require the following documents:
- A certified/notarised copy of the Account Holder’s Will
- A certified/notarised copy of the Death Certificate
- A certified/notarised copy of the Grant of Probate (if applicable)
- Proof of your identity (as executor of the will), in the form of a certified copy of a Passport or Driver’s Licence
- Details of the account which the funds are to be transferred to
Once we receive all the required documentation, we will process the funds to be released to the designated account within 2 business days.
Please keep in mind submission of incomplete documentation will result in a delay to the release of funds.
Once the funds have been released, we will proceed to close the account immediately if the account is in a sole name.